It’s about summertime, and for some people, that means staying inside. Not everyone enjoys soaking up UV rays during the hot Utah summer. For some people, summer is a good time for A/C and catching up on some book lists. Here’s a look at what to read this summer.
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch: A multi-dimensional sci-fi set in modern day Chicago.
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn: A harrowing crime thriller from the writer of Gone Girl.
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi: If you’re still distraught that are no more Harry Potter books coming out, this is one you want to check out.
- Circe by Madeline Miller: Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past 1500 years, you’ve probably heard of the Odyssey. Circe follows the story of one of the characters from the Odyssey before her fateful contact with Odysseus.
- The Book of M by Shepherd Peng: This author’s debut is not about zombies or nuclear strikes, but about a plague of forgetting as humanity begins to lose their long-term memory.